Written by Pavani Hapuarachchi
10 Jun, 2021 | 8:02 am
COLOMBO (News 1st): The members appointed to the Colombo Port City Economic Commission will meet President Gotabaya Rajapaksa for the first time on Thursday (Jun. 10), to discuss the commission’s future course of action.
During the meeting, special attention will be drawn towards the appointment of several key senior positions under the Port City Economic Commission Act, Gamini Marapana PC, the Chairman of the Ports City Commission said on Thursday (Jun. 10).
According to Gamini Marapana PC, the commission will be fully active after the respective appointments are made.
Members of the Commission are currently studying the future development activities of the Colombo Port City Project including its infrastructure development, Gamini Marapana PC further noted.
On the 31st of May, President Gotabaya Rajapaksa appointed seven members to the Colombo Port City Economic Commission, and Gamini Marapana PC was appointed as its Chairman.
Other members of the Colombo Port City Economic Commission are:
01. Treasury Secretary – S. R. Attygalle
02. Secretary to the Ministry of Water Supply – Dr. Priyath Bandu Wickrama
03. Ex-BOI Chairman – Saliya Wickramasuriya
04. Managing Director of Orel Corporation – Kushan Kodituwakku
05. Managing Director of Mercantile Investments and Finance PLC – Gerard George Ondaatjie
06. Chairman/Managing Director of McLarens Group – Rohan De Silva
12 Jul, 2022 | 09:04 PM
09 Jul, 2022 | 02:52 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]