Written by Pavani Hapuarachchi
25 May, 2021 | 8:28 am
COLOMBO (News 1st): The United States of America (USA) on Monday (May 24) issued a Travel Advisory with regard to Sri Lanka, taking into account the prevailing COVID-19 situation in the island nation.
“The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a ‘Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Sri Lanka’ due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country,” the US Department of State said on its official website.
Visit the US Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Sri Lanka, the Bureau of Consular Affairs at the US Department of State informed.
According to the US State Department, the following instructions are issued for those who wish to travel to Sri Lanka:
– See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
– Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
– Be aware of your surroundings when traveling to tourist locations and crowded public venues.
– Follow the instructions of local authorities.
– Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
– Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
– Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
– Review the Crime and Safety Report for Sri Lanka.
– U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
21 Oct, 2021 | 09:01 PM
21 Oct, 2021 | 05:45 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]