Written by Zulfick Farzan
31 Dec, 2020 | 6:10 pm
Colombo (News 1st); 02 more tourists from Ukraine have tested positive for COVID-19 and the total number of infected Ukrainians in Sri Lanka has risen to 05, confirmed authorities.
A total of 394 Ukrainians arrived in Sri Lanka on two separate occasions and following their arrival at the Mattala International Airport, they were moved to several hotels in the Southern Province.
Rajiv Sooriyaarachchi, Vice Chairman of Airport and Aviation Services (Sri Lanka) (Private) Limited speaking to News 1st said the tourists were only permitted to arrive after completing a PCR test adding, thereafter there is a possibility of them contracting the virus.
The tourists from Ukraine were welcomed ceremonially at the Mattala International Airport, and it was observed the visitors were not wearing face masks in a proper manner.
Sooriyaarachchi said the dancing troupe did not come into close contact with the visitors, and it is impossible for them to contract the virus adding, all personnel followed the necessary health guidelines.
Ex-Sri Lankan Ambassador to Russia Udayanga Weeratunga in a post on Facebook said only 05 of the 394 Ukrainian visitors had contracted the virus and it is possible 01% – 05% of the total group could test positive for COVID-19.
He wrote, 01% infection shows the remaining 99% of the tour group is not infected.
Udayanga Weeratunga wrote 05 Ukrainians testing positive for COVID-19 is a joke to some, in a backdrop where over 500 COVID-19 cases are detected in Sri Lanka daily.
29 May, 2023 | 03:36 PM
29 May, 2023 | 02:21 PM
29 May, 2023 | 01:36 PM
29 May, 2023 | 09:52 AM
25 May, 2023 | 05:36 AM
29 May, 2023 | 03:04 PM
25 May, 2023 | 09:35 AM
11 May, 2023 | 01:52 PM
28 May, 2023 | 07:17 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]
News 1st, MTV Channel (Pvt) Ltd, MBC Networks (Pvt) Ltd, 45/3, Braybrooke Street, Colombo-02.
T.P : +94 114 792 700, Fax : +94 114 792 733
Copyright © 2019 MTV Channel (Pvt) Ltd | Web Design by 3CS
T.P : +94 114 792 700
Fax : +94 114 792 733
Copyright © 2019 MTV Channel (Pvt) Ltd
Web Design by 3CS