Written by Zulfick Farzan
28 Sep, 2020 | 6:39 pm
Colombo (News 1st); 39 petitions have been filed with the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka challenging the 20th Amendment to the Constitution.
Monday’s petitions were filed by;
– Samagi Jana Balavegaya Youth Wing Chairman Mayantha Dissanayake
– General Secretary of the United National Party Akila Viraj Kariyawasam
– Deputy Leader of the United National Party Ruwan Wijewardene
– Member of the National Elections Commission Professor Ratnajeevan Hoole
– The Sri Lanka Press Institute
– People’s Lawyers’ Association
A five-judge bench led by the Chief Justice Jayantha Jayasuriya will consider the petitions filed with the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka challenging the 20th Amendment to the Constitution.
The bench would also comprise Supreme Court Justices Buwaneka Aluvihare, Sisira De Abrew, Priyantha Jayawadena, and Vijith Malalgoda.
These petitions will be taken up for consideration on the 29th of September.
27 Oct, 2020 | 11:38 AM
27 Oct, 2020 | 10:33 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]