Written by Staff Writer
11 Dec, 2019 | 6:32 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Launching its equity outlook report for next year, Asia Securities said, Sri Lanka’s recently announced tax cuts will likely shave off Rs 560bn from government income in 2020.
2. A financial institution named Sen-Hiru has defrauded over Rs 800mn of funds in deposits.
3. Caroline Jurie, who was crowned Mrs.World at a pageant held in the United States of America, returned to the island yesterday (December 10).
4. The Controller General of Immigration and Emigration informed the Supreme Court by affidavit that Jude Shramantha Jayamaha who was on death row and later granted a presidential pardon had travelled overseas.
5. Drug trafficker “Kalu Thushara” was sentenced to death by the Colombo High Court yesterday (December 10).
6. The Crimes Division of Kalutara has arrested 5 suspects in connection to the assault on a journalist in Aluthgama.
7. A member of the Mawanella Pradeshiya Sabha was abducted yesterday (December 10) from the very premises of the local government body and was released later in the afternoon several miles away.
8. The Government has directed its attention towards charging a fee from vehicles that enter Colombo.
9. The Police says it would take steps to record a statement from the Department of Immigration and Emigration with regard to the incident where IP Nishantha Silva who is attached to the CID, had flown overseas without prior notice.
10. The Ministry of Justice, Human Rights, and Law Reforms has drawn its attention towards taking steps to reduce the congestion prevalent at prisons.
26 Jan, 2020 | 12:15 AM
26 Jan, 2020 | 12:05 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]