Written by Staff Writer
03 Dec, 2019 | 6:33 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Minister of Plantations and Export Agriculture notes that they will take measures to minimize the import of products that could be produced in Sri Lanka and gradually stop the import in the future.
2. A mobile phone had been discovered from the prison cell of the organized crime lord Mohamed Najeem Mohamed Imran alias Kanjipani Imran at the Boosa Prison.
3. Eight people were arrested from raids across the island for the possession of heroin yesterday.
4. Parliament has been prorogued with effect from midnight yesterday (December 02). Parliament is set to reconvene on the 3rd of January 2020 at 10:00 am.
5. US Ambassador to Sri Lanka, Ambassador of Japan to Sri Lanka and the Italian Ambassador to Sri Lanka called on Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa yesterday.
6. The High Commissioner of Canada and the visiting Special Envoy of the Chinese President met with President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
7. Evidence examination in the contempt of court case filed against former Deputy Minister Ranjan Ramanayake to commence on April 3rd, 2020.
8. Colombo Chief High Court Judge Vikum Kaluarachchi ordered to temporarily lift the overseas travel ban imposed on Chanuka Ratwatte with effect from yesterday to December 15th.
9. Pakistani Foreign Minister delivering a letter by the Pakistani PM invites Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa to visit Pakistan to enhance ongoing bilateral relations.
10. Renowned Sinhala Language Professor Vini Vitharana passed away at the age of 91.
08 Dec, 2019 | 10:06 PM
08 Dec, 2019 | 09:54 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]