Written by Staff Writer
05 Nov, 2019 | 7:46 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Supplementary staff and paramedics in the Southern Province have decided to launch a token strike today (November 5).
2. The Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna inked another MOU yesterday (November 4) with 15 more political parties.
3. Five suspects have been arrested along with a stock of counterfeit currency in Tihaluwa, Beliatta.
4. November 15th has been declared a holiday for all schools in order to facilitate the process for Presidential Election.
5. STF arrests an associate of notorious criminal gang leader ‘Angoda Lokka’ , responsible for extortion, from Ranala.
6. Supreme Court decides to take up for examination two petitons filed against moving SLRC under the purview of the Ministry of Defence
7. Acting Vice-Chancellor of the Rajarata University Prof. Jayantha Adhikari said that the administration is currently discussing with various parties, to find a solution to control the outbreak of viral flu which forced the temporary shutting down of the Rajarata University.
8. The NEC reversed its decision yesterday (November 04) to ban political programming on the state-owned Independent Television Network or ITN.
9. The Sri Lanka Navy intercepted a boat off the coast of Galle yesterday (November 4) believed to have been carrying a haul of heroin.
10. The Department of Customs will be taking steps today to destroy a total of 1 million illegal cigarettes.
17 Aug, 2022 | 08:45 PM
17 Aug, 2022 | 04:01 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]