Written by Reuters
03 Oct, 2019 | 3:57 pm
Reuters – North Korea’s state-run television KRT on Thursday (October 3) released photographs of its latest missile test and said it had successfully test-fired a new submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) from the sea to contain external threats and bolster self-defense.
The launch on Wednesday (October 2) was the most provocative by North Korea since it resumed dialogue with the United States in 2018 and a reminder by Pyongyang of the weapons capability it has been aggressively developing, including intercontinental ballistic missiles, analysts said.
The new type of SLBM, called Pukguksong-3, was “fired in vertical mode” in the waters of the eastern city of Wonsan, state media said, confirming an assessment by South Korea’s military on Wednesday that the missile was launched on a lofted trajectory.
North Korea had been developing SLBM technology before it suspended long-range missile and nuclear tests and began talks with the United States that led to the first summit between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and U.S. President Donald Trump in Singapore in June 2018.
02 May, 2020 | 09:40 AM
09 May, 2019 | 09:11 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]