Written by Staff Writer
20 Sep, 2019 | 6:34 am
Your Friday Morning Brief!
COLOMBO (News 1st):-
1. The Railway Trade Unions have launched a work-to-rule trade union action with effect from midnight yesterday (September 19) in protest of the decision made by the railway management to recover the cost of damages caused during train accidents from the drivers and the railway staff.
2. During the special cabinet meeting that was held last afternoon (September 19), a proposal to abolish the executive presidency was reportedly put forward. However, this proposal was met with objection by a group including the Deputy Leader of the UNP Sajith Premadasa.
3. On the completion of the 10th day of the protest launched by the non-academic staff of state universities over salary anomalies, a special discussion is due to be held today (September 20) in order to resolve their issues. This meeting will be chaired by the Secretary to the President.
4. Chairman of the UNP Minister Kabir Hashim states that Sajith Premadasa is at the top of their list among several party members who have requested for nominations as the presidential candidate. Further, a final decision regarding the UNF presidential candidate is due to be made by the end of this week.
5. 13 suspects including “Kudu Roshan” were ordered to be remanded till October 3rd over recent homicides including the murder of “Anamalu Ranga”. The order was issued by Colombo Additional Magistrate Kanchana Niranjana De Silva.
6. UPFA MP Shehan Semasinghe calls on Speaker Karu Jayasuriya to resign from his position as the Speaker of the parliament in order to protect the integrity of parliament. The MP stated this in reference to the speaker’s written statement on intending to contest for the upcoming Presidential elections.
7. Three candidates which include former MP Jayantha Ketagoda, former JVP MP S. Amarasinghe and Dr Ajantha Perera from the Sri Lanka Socialist party have placed their bonds for the upcoming presidential elections.
8. “Since the early 1980’s we have not diversified our exports or our export destinations. As the national export strategy propounds we continue to export old products to old markets” – Minister and Deputy Leader of the UNP Sajith Premadasa speaking at the Presidential Export Awards.
9. Another meeting of the United National Front focusing on the presidential candidate is due to occur this evening (September 20).
10. The work-to-rule trade union action launched by state executives over salary anomaly issues enters its second day today (September 20).
– “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams”-
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
08 Nov, 2019 | 06:48 AM
01 Nov, 2019 | 06:53 AM
18 Oct, 2019 | 06:41 AM
04 Oct, 2019 | 06:46 AM
31 May, 2023 | 09:25 PM
31 May, 2023 | 08:14 PM
31 May, 2023 | 08:02 PM
31 May, 2023 | 07:23 PM
25 May, 2023 | 05:36 AM
29 May, 2023 | 03:04 PM
30 May, 2023 | 03:40 PM
11 May, 2023 | 01:52 PM
28 May, 2023 | 07:17 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]
News 1st, MTV Channel (Pvt) Ltd, MBC Networks (Pvt) Ltd, 45/3, Braybrooke Street, Colombo-02.
T.P : +94 114 792 700, Fax : +94 114 792 733
Copyright © 2019 MTV Channel (Pvt) Ltd | Web Design by 3CS
T.P : +94 114 792 700
Fax : +94 114 792 733
Copyright © 2019 MTV Channel (Pvt) Ltd
Web Design by 3CS