Written by Nathasha De Alwis
14 Aug, 2019 | 6:39 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Fuel prices increased from midnight yesterday.
2. Minister Gamini Jayawickrama Perera did not appear before the Presidential Commission appointed to probe Fraud and Corruption of the State Institutions yesterday.
3. Non-Cabinet Minister Ajith P Perera said it is the aspiration of a majority of UNP MPs and the party supporters to see Deputy Leader Minister Sajith Premadasa be named as the UNPs Presidential Election Candidate.
4. The S-14 Railway power sets which were imported from China, worth US$ 1.3 Million, arrive at the Colombo Port.
5. Colombo Municipal Councillor Shermila Gonawala files a fundamentals right petition at the supreme court, against an agreement between the Municipal Council and a private entity to install a smart lighting system in Colombo.
6. The Navy in coordination with Sri Lanka Police arrested a person with 39 kilograms of Kerala cannabis in Pandatharippu, Jaffna.
7. Special dengue prevention program around the Gampaha District will take place on both the 15th and 16th of August.
8. It has been reported that an invasive moss has been spreading across many wewas in the North Central Province
9. Issuing a statement the Catholic Bishop’s Conference in Sri Lanka notes that they are dissatisfied over 04/21 attack investigations.
10. The prices of vehicles imported from Japan are expected to increase due to the rise of Yen value over the Sri Lankan Rupees.
18 Aug, 2019 | 12:13 PM
18 Aug, 2019 | 05:50 PM
18 Aug, 2019 | 04:09 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]