Written by Staff Writer
17 Jul, 2019 | 7:16 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
Your Wednesday Morning Brief
1. Postal Service employees commenced a 48-hour strike with effect from 4 pm yesterday due to disparities in recruitment, promotions, and salary structure.
2. The Faculty of Science, Faculty of Fisheries, Marine Sciences and & Technology and the Faculty of Post Graduate studies of the University of Ruhuna are due to reopen today.
3. Prima and Serendib flour mills have announced that the price of a kilogram of wheat flour has been increased by Rs. 07 with effect from yesterday.
4. China Petroleum and Chemical Corp, known as Sinopec Corp will set up a fuel company in Sri Lanka as it plans to supply fuel to ships along a major maritime route.
5. It has come to light that the garbage load arrived in Sri Lanka on the vessel Thalassa Pistis over a year ago in late January 2018.
6. Officials of the Civil Aviation Authority claim that the controversial US aircraft that had arrived in Sri Lanka to transport a stock of apparels.
7. Over the past year, the Excise Department of Sri Lanka had carried out 10 separate raids on parties organized via Social Media and linked to drugs and alcohol.
8. Presidential Commission probing into corruption in the present government revealed that the building in Rajagiriya for the Ministry of Agriculture costs a monthly rental of Rs 21mn.
9. Former Secretary of Defence Hemasiri Fernando provided a 9-hour long statement to the CID.
10. President handed over the national flag to the Sri Lankan scout delegation who are headed to World Scouts Jamboree in the US.
You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist
19 Feb, 2020 | 05:48 PM
19 Feb, 2020 | 04:05 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]