Written by Nathasha De Alwis
12 Jul, 2019 | 6:29 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
Your Friday Morning Brief
1. The Negombo Magistrate’s Court has ordered to confiscate a stock of ophthalmic surgical instruments imported to the country without a license.
2. Twenty-four fishermen who set sail from Galle and Ambalangoda have been arrested by the Maldives Coast Guard for breaching maritime borders.
3. Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka confirmed in parliament yesterday (July 11), that 4 economic and demographic corridors will be built in the country.
4. The government yesterday survived the no-confidence motion. 92 votes were cast for the motion, while 119 votes were cast against the motion.
5. The Supreme Court states that the government is working to bring in a state land provisions bill to give state lands to people who they want, without meeting the proper criteria and legal provisions.
6. The report of the third phase of the Gammadda door to door initiative was unveiled yesterday at the BMICH.
7. A Pakistani national was arrested at a hotel in Colpetty with 2.85 kg of heroin during a raid carried out by the Narcotic Bureau and the Special Task Force collectively.
8. Special Task Force arrests a 31-year-old suspect with 22 kg of cannabis in Thaledi during a raid.
9. Following discussions at the Parliamentary Complex Muslim parliamentarians have decided to retake their ministerial portfolios.
10. Parliamentarian S.M. Chandrasena yesterday stated with responsibility that their Presidential candidate is Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
20 Jul, 2019 | 10:49 PM
20 Jul, 2019 | 09:19 PM
20 Jul, 2019 | 07:04 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]