Written by Staff Writer
04 Jul, 2019 | 6:47 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
Your Thursday Morning Brief
1. The Ceylon Petroleum Corporation’s overall loss has risen to Rs. 21,178 million in the first quarter of 2019.
2. Railway employees launch their strike action again due to intervention by the secretary of the ministry to safeguard an individual who was under the influence during work hours.
3. Police headquarters decided to launch a special operation for a month starting July 5th to arrest drivers driving under the influence to minimize motor accidents.
4. Mangala Samaraweera noted that the UNP presidential candidate will not be a businessman and the party has many leaders who can lead the country.
5. Mahindananda Aluthgamage noted that the Prime Minister’s latest strategy is to make as much as possible within the next 90 days.
6. The Ceylon Chamber of Commerce has requested the government to provide an enhanced level of transparency regarding the proposed Status of Forces Agreement and the Millennium Challenge Corporation agreement and their potential consequences.
7. Former defence secretary Hemasiri Fernando and IGP Pujith Jayasundara were ordered to be remanded till July 9th.
8. President Maithripala Sirisena declared open the country’s first-ever museum on ancient technology and a library in Polonnaruwa.
9. Minister Rajitha Senaratne noted that upon completion of 22 charters in FTCT charter, Sri Lanka will be the first country in the world to have implemented the Anti-Tobacco Charter successfully.
10. A number of teacher trade unions have complained that they are yet to receive several essential support materials to follow the school syllabuses.
Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
21 Sep, 2023 | 07:34 PM
21 Sep, 2023 | 03:57 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]