Written by Staff Writer
07 Jun, 2019 | 6:04 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
Your Friday Morning Brief
1. SLFP Parliamentary Group calls on President Maithripala Sirisena to contest the upcoming Presidential election.
2. IGP Pujith Jayasundara and former Secretary of Defence Hemasiri Fernando appeared before the special Parliamentary Select Committee probing the 04/21 Attacks.
3. Muslim ministers yet to hand in letters of resignation to President despite announcing their resignation.
4. Supreme Court decides to consider all the petitions filed regarding the 04/21 attacks before a 7 judge bench.
5. Cabinet approval granted to award the 4th phase of the Central Expressway Project to the Chinese Company Gashumba. Phases 1 and 3 facing major setbacks.
6. Tourist bookings have dropped from 70% to 7% according to President of the Sri Lanka Hotels Association Sanath Ukwatte.
7. Interim report of the Presidential Commission of Inquiry probing fraud and corruption at state institutions during the period of 2015 to 2018, handed over to President Maithripala Sirisena.
8. Chairman of the Perpetual Treasuries Limited Jeffrey Aloysius granted permission to travel to India and Canada by Colombo Chief Magistrate.
9. Gammadda research report officially presented to the library of the Oxford University
10. The United Arab Emirates has told the UN Security Council that a “state actor” was most likely behind attacks on four tankers off its coast.
06 Dec, 2019 | 10:42 PM
06 Dec, 2019 | 10:28 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]