Written by Staff Writer
24 May, 2019 | 6:30 am
Colombo (News1st) –
Your Friday Morning Brief
1. Venerable Galagodaaththe Gnanasara Thero who was jailed nine months ago for contempt of court, granted a Presidential pardon.
2. No-confidence motion against Minister Rishad Bathiudeen to be taken up on 18th and 19th of June.
3. Mahanayake of the Malwatte Chapter stresses the importance of transparency on Defence agreements between Sri Lanka and the US, to US Ambassador Alaina Teplitz.
4. Parliamentary Select Committee, headed by Deputy Speaker Ananda Kumarasiri, appointed to probe April 21st terror attack.
5. UPFA to refrain from joining the select committee probing April 21st terror attack.
6. UNP Provincial Councillor among 30 people arrested following raids in Nittambuwa and Pannala areas.
7. Siblings of Kochikade suicide bomber produced before court.
8. Body of a 67-year-old doctor who had died under suspicious circumstances found inside a house in Kotahena.
9. Government decides to increase several allowances granted to members of the three armed forces.
10. Indian PM Narendra Modi thanked the people of India for giving him a “historic mandate,” after a landslide victory in the general election.
07 Aug, 2020 | 03:52 PM
31 Jul, 2020 | 09:52 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]