Written by Nathasha De Alwis
11 Mar, 2019 | 9:12 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. A special discussion regarding the abolition of the Executive Presidency will be held today between the Tamil National Alliance and the Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna.
2. The Ministry of Finance says the committee formulated to discuss fuel prices as per the price formula, is due to meet this afternoon.
3. President Maithripala Sirisena states that many countries will be free of the visa requirement when arriving in Sri Lanka for the purpose of tourism and Buddhist religious activities.
4. A 28-year-old woman has been arrested from Dambagolla, Mahiyanganaya for the possession of a T56 firearm and 24 rounds of ammunition.
5. 527 drivers have been arrested for driving under the influence in a raid conducted during the past two days.
6. The process of granting compensation for farmers affected due to the Sena caterpillar menace began yesterday (March 10).
7. The final rites of the Borella Traffic OIC IP Sarathchandra, who passed away following a long battle in the ICU of the National Hopital, will be held today at the Borella Public Cemetary.
8. Ethiopian Airlines flight 302 bound for Nairobi crashed earlier yesterday (March 10) with 157 people, killing all on board.
9. A mother of an 8-year-old child has conspired with three others and claimed that her child was abducted and that the abductors were demanding a ransom from the husband overseas.
10. South Africa won the third ODI by 71 runs to take an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five-match ODI series against Sri Lanka.
HAVE AN UNASSAILABLE MONDAY!
17 Jan, 2020 | 11:05 PM
17 Jan, 2020 | 10:54 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]