Written by Lethonkie Fernando
03 Mar, 2019 | 7:30 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. Sri Lankan airlines announced yesterday (March 02) that flights between Sri Lanka and Pakistan will not operate until Monday (March 04) since the Pakistani air space continues to remain closed due to the Pakistani-India crisis.
2. Attorney-at-law Raja Gooneratne claims that the constitutional council’s constant rejection of the President’s recommendation on career judges has made it a political institution that acts in an arbitrary manner.
3. President Maithripala Sirisena is to establish a special court to hear cases on drug-related crimes.
4. More than 40 statements have been recorded in connection with the abduction and murder of two businessmen in Rathgama.
5. Farmers in Embilipitiya charge that an area of over 300 acres have been destroyed by an insect know as “Keeda” or the brown plant hopper.
6. An organized gang member “Bloomendhal Sanka” has been arrested along with two others in Tamilnadu.
7. The Ceylon Teachers Union is to forward a written notification to the President calling for an investigation on the tear gas and water cannons fired during the protest conducted by them on the 28th of last month.
8. Agricultural and Agrarian Insurance Board states that a compensation of Rs 40,000 per acre of corn will be paid for the farmers who faced damages due to the Sena caterpillar menace.
9. A 34-year-old suspect has been arrested in Mallavi for the possession of a locally manufactured firearm.
10. Three people including two Nigerian nationals arrested for smuggling cocaine in Mount Lavinia.
HAVE A BLESSED SUNDAY!
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]