Written by Staff Writer
27 Feb, 2019 | 7:25 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. Supreme Court issued an interim injunction order yesterday (February 26) against appointing students who obtained medical degrees from medical faculties of state universities and the KDU faculty of medicine as medical interns. The order will be in effect until March 27th.
2. MP Lakshman Yapa Abeywardene states that the government requires Rs. 7.8 billion as daily recurrent expenditure. The present government has sourced only Rs. 4 billion. The balance funds are obtained through bank loans and swap agreements.
3. Parliamentarian Dr. Jayampathi Wickremeratne states that the President and the opposition leader have agreed to abolish the executive presidency.
4. Former Chairman of the Sri Lanka Cricket selection committee Sanath Jayasuriya has been banned from all activities relating to cricket for two years by the ICC on the basis of failing/ refusal to co-operate with investigations carried out by the Anti-Corruption Unit of the ICC.
5. A court decision on the preliminary objection filed by President’s Counsel K. Kanagisvaran, appearing for the Prime Minister against the writ petition challenging the PM’s parliamentary seat is due to be delivered on May 21st.
6. Governor of the Central Province Maithri Gunaratne states that the government will not have an issue in passing the upcoming budget because the MPs can be bought for money.
7. President Maithripala Sirisena notes that the ETI depositors should be compensated as soon as possible.
8. The IGP has deployed nine police officers to the investigation unit of the Presidential Commission appointed to inquire into the irregularities at state institutions within the last four years.
9. Upali Marasinghe who has served previously as the secretary to a number of ministries has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Sri Lanka Transport Board.
10. Today marks four years since the Central Bank Bond Scam; the largest financial fraud in the history of Sri Lanka.
HAVE A BONDING WEDNESDAY!
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]