Written by Lethonkie Fernando
12 Feb, 2019 | 6:30 am
COLOMBO (News1st) –
1. Lanka IOC has raised the prices of Octane 95 petrol by Rs. 5.00, Auto Diesel by Rs. 4.00 and Super Diesel by Rs. 8.00.
2. Former Minister Wijesdasa Rajapaksa in a letter to the President has stated that the constitutional council is biased and unjust.
3. G. L. Peiris the General Secretary of SLPP said the party’s highest priority is to change the 19th amendment.
4. The financial records of MTD Walkers PLC disclosed that they owe Rs. 18 billion to a host of local banks out of which Rs. 4 billion is owed to state-owned banks.
5. The United National Party appointed six new electorate organizers for Negombo, Aranayaka, Pathadumbara, Wariyapola, Hiriyala, and Dambadeniya.
6. A police officer attached to the Katunayake police who assaulted three people was arrested and later released on bail yesterday (February 11). The victims were admitted to the hospital following the assault.
7. The driver of MP Chaminda Wijesiri was remanded till the 18th of February over an altercation that took place with the officials of the Narcotics Bureau.
8. Attorney-at-law Udul Premarathne is to present facts today (February 12) on behalf of singer Amal Perera and his son who were arrested by the Dubai police.
9. President Maithripala Sirisena stated that a cabinet paper on the provision of subsidies to small and medium scale rice mill owners will be presented today (February 12).
10. The bus and three-wheeler associations said that a decision regarding their charges in line with the fuel price revision will be made today. (February 12)
HAVE A DECISIVE TUESDAY!
09 Aug, 2019 | 06:36 AM
25 Jun, 2019 | 06:58 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]