Written by Lethonkie Fernando
07 Feb, 2019 | 9:28 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. Discussion on the National government postponed to next week.
2. President Maithripala Sirisena claims that he will remain firm in his decision to impose capital punishment despite objections.
3. The agreements on forming a new alliance between the SLFP and the SLPP is due to be brought forward within the next two weeks.
4. The CID has arrested two Chinese nationals and a Romanian national connected to the recent ATM fraud.
4. The Attorney General’s Department claims that legal advice has not yet been sought to bring back Makandure Madush and 25 others who were arrested in a hotel in Dubai.
5. Businessman Dudley Sirisena issuing a warning to the micro creditors in the country urged them to end their illegal dealings by the 31st of March adding that if not he himself would lead the mission to chase them away.
6. The Lanka IOC stated that fuel prices changes must reflect international prices.
7. Respondents of the appeal filed at the Supreme court barring Mahinda Rajapaksa and his cabinet from functioning in their portfolios claimed yesterday (February 06) that they are ready to withdraw the petition.
8. Fitch Ratings is to amend the Sri Lankan National Rating scale to reflect changes in the relative creditworthiness among Sri Lankan issuers. The decision was taken due to the downgrade of the country’s sovereign rating to ‘B’ from ‘B+’ on 3 December 2018.
9. The suspects arrested with 110kg of heroin in Piliyandala has been remanded till the 12th of February.
10. A special security mechanism will be in place to carry out the clearance operations of the containers that were stalled as a result of the custom trade union action.
HAVE A SECURED WEDNESDAY!
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]