Written by Lethonkie Fernando
11 Jan, 2019 | 9:50 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The price of a litre of petrol and diesel were reduced by Rs. 2 with effect from midnight yesterday (January 10).
2. A group of masked individuals staged a protest opposite the MTV/MBC head office in an attempt to intimidate News1 st.
3. The government is to increase the security provided to members of parliament. Thereby, 4 police personnel will be deployed as the security detail for an MP.
4. The special committee appointed to investigate the recent unruly behaviour in parliament is to convene for the final day today (January 11).
5. The constitutional committee responsible for the drafting of a new constitution is to convene at 10.00 am today (January 11).
6. A police sergeant who accepted a bribe of Rs. 5000 in 2011 was sentenced to four years of rigorous imprisonment yesterday (January 10).
7. The World Bank in its Global Economic prospects publication 2019 states that Sri Lanka is on the track to achieve an economic growth of 4%.
8. Credit Control Manager from Sri Lankan Airlines disclosed to the PCOI yesterday (January 10) that when Mihin Lanka was liquidated in 2016 it owed Rs. 745 million to the national carrier.
9. Dr. Prashila Samaraweera of the National Dengue Control Unit said that legal actions have been filed against 148 persons for creating an environment conducive to mosquito breeding.
10. A tyre shop in Pettigalawaththa road, Galle was completely destroyed in a fire that erupted last night (January 10).
HAVE A SECURED FRIDAY!
17 Mar, 2019 | 10:14 AM
03 Mar, 2019 | 07:30 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]