Written by Nathasha De Alwis
26 Dec, 2018 | 9:31 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation says CTB and private bus fares will be reduced by 4% from midnight today (December 26).
2. A decision has been made to provide a compensation of Rs. 10,000 as an initial payment to repair the houses that were damaged in the North and the East due to the floods.
3. A compensation of Rs. 40,000 would be provided for an acre of paddy land that was destroyed following the weather conditions.
4. The Road Development Authority said a 15% increase in traffic flow on the Highway could be seen, compared to last year.
5. A Provincial Computer Crimes Investigation Unit was declared open in Matara. IGP states they have taken steps to establish 9 more.
6. The Police has opened fire at a truck transporting cows illegally yesterday (December 25).
7. A New Zealand national has been arrested in Galle while in possession of Narcotic substances.
8. Indonesia says it will build a new warning system capable of detecting tsunamis caused by undersea landslides, days after giant waves triggered by a volcano killed at least 429 people.
9. UNP National Organizer Minister Navin Dissanayake says they are preparing for a general election after April 2019.
10.04 were critically injured due to an accident that took place at the Southern Expressway.
24 Aug, 2019 | 09:31 PM
24 Aug, 2019 | 09:00 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]