Written by Lethonkie Fernando
20 Dec, 2018 | 8:28 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. During the parliamentary session held yesterday (December 19), MP Sampanthan noted that the Speaker’s decision to appoint Mahinda Rajapaksa as opposition leader has been taken out of haste and is in violation of the constitution.
2. UNP MP Mujibur Rahuman revealed that the appointment of the cabinet of Ministers will take place today (December 20).
3. UPFA MP Chandima Weerakkody noted yesterday (December 19) that there is a conspiracy within the UNP to oust Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe from the party leadership.
4. President Maithripala Sirisena has taken measures to extend the tenure of the Presidential Commission on Sri Lankan Airlines to the 15th of February 2019.
5. A special party leaders meeting chaired by Speaker Karu Jayasuriya is due to be held at 11.00 am today (December 20).
6. Former Lieutenant Commander Chandana Prasad Hettiarachchi of the Sri Lanka Navy who was arrested over the abduction and killing of 11 youth from Colombo was further remanded till the 02nd of January 2019.
7. US Ambassador to Sri Lanka, Alaina B. Teplitz taking to Twitter has noted that the US is ready to work with any legitimate government of Sri Lanka.
8. Seven Indian fishing trawlers held in custody by the Sri Lankan Navy for illegal fishing in 2015, 2016 and 2017 were released yesterday (December 19).
9. The CCTV footage of the unruly behaviour displayed within the parliamentary chambers recently is due to be scrutinized today (December 20). The damage caused to the parliamentary property has been estimated at Rs. 330,000.
10. A fire that erupted this morning (December 20) in Chilaw burnt down seven shops. The fire was doused by the Fire Brigade of the Chilaw Urban Council.
HAVE A PLEASANT THURSDAY!
17 Mar, 2019 | 10:14 AM
03 Mar, 2019 | 07:30 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]