Written by Staff Writer
14 Dec, 2018 | 10:16 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The Supreme Court unanimously ruled yesterday (Dec 13) that the gazette issued by the President dissolving Parliament be quashed.
2. Ranil Wickremesinghe reacts to the Supreme Court ruling, saying that he trusts the President would respect the Supreme Court decision.
3. President reiterates that he will not appoint RW as Prime Minister. This was revealed by MP Lakshman Yapa Abeywardene.
4. General Election is due to be held in October 2020 – Chairman, Elections Commission
5. MP Dilan Perera has said that unless the Prime Minister himself decides to step down, the SC decision (on the dissolution of Parliament) cannot do any harm to the Prime Ministership.
6. Ranil Wickremesinghe calls for 5 judge bench on the case against Mahinda Rajapaksa
7. UNP lodges a police complaint over a fake agreement between Ranil Wickremesinghe and R. Sampanthan circulating on social media.
8. Police discover Rs. 59 million and two satellite phones at the residence of Duleep Samantha Silva, the owner of the trawler on which 231kg of heron was discovered
9. 18-hour water cut today for Rajagiriya, Moragasmulla, Ethul-Kotte Obeysekarapura, Bandaranayakapura, Nawala, and Koswatta.
10. French police have shot dead the man who attacked Strasbourg’s Christmas market on Tuesday.
11. Senators vote to end US backing for Saudi war on Yemen
25 Apr, 2019 | 09:46 AM
25 Apr, 2019 | 09:53 AM
Please contact us at [email protected]