Written by Lethonkie Fernando
11 Dec, 2018 | 9:37 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. A report on the Sri Lanka Singapore Free Trade agreement was handed over to the President yesterday (December 10).
2. Secretary to the Prime Minister S. Amarasekara states that the government has no budget for the next year adding that in such situations the President can approve a vote on account which will, however, make it difficult to accommodate new projects for the year.
3. A shooting that took place in Mattakuliya last afternoon (December 10) injured six people. The police confirmed that the victims were arriving from the Hultsdorp Courts Complex at the time of the incident.
4. UNP Leader Ranil Wickremesinghe made an announcement that they will launch an operation to show the power of the people following the final Supreme Court verdict.
5. The petition filed by Venerable Dambara Amila Thero against the removal of Ranil Wickremesinghe from the post of Prime Minister is to be taken up before the Supreme Court on the 07th of January 2019.
6. President Maithripala Sirisena met with representatives of the SLPP and the SLFP to discuss the strategy to be followed at the upcoming elections.
7. The verdict on the contempt of court case filed against Former Chief Minister of the Northern province, C.V. Vigneswaran will be delivered by the Court of Appeal on the 31st of January 2019.
8. A fundamental rights petition was filed against Speaker Karu Jayasuriya yesterday (December 10) for his decision to convene parliament despite a pending interim injunction order issued on dissolving parliament.
9. The Jaffna, Puwarasankulam Police OIC was arrested last night (December 10) on charges of torturing and assaulting an individual in the year 2010.
10. The Department of Meteorology forecasts that the wind speed in deep-sea areas off Hambantota – Pothuvil and Batticoloa – Trincomalee could increase up to 70-80 kmph.
09 Aug, 2019 | 06:36 AM
25 Jun, 2019 | 06:58 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]