Written by Nathasha De Alwis
07 Dec, 2018 | 8:49 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. SLFP Central Committee will convene at 7 PM today (December 7),
2. The second largest haul of heroin was seized by the Police when they confiscated heroin worth over Rs. 2.7 Billion in the sea off Beruwala.
3. The body of a 41-year-old man who died suspiciously was discovered in a well in Ilankulam, Vavuniya.
4. The Supreme Court has extended the interim order issued against the enforcement of the Gazette calling on the dissolution of Parliament to the 8th of December.
5. The seven-judge supreme court bench, headed by Chief Justice Nalin Perera, ordered to hear the petitions filed against the Gazette will enter its fourth day today (December 07).
6. T.M Dilshan stated that presently he has not made any decision on contesting the next election.
7. 13 kilograms of cannabis worth over Rs. 3 Million that was being transported from Wellawaya to Kandy has been taken into police custody in Gampola.
8. Luxembourg, a country in Europe, is set to become the first country in the world to make all of its public transport free of charge.
9. Estate workers continued their protest for wage increment for the 3rd day yesterday (December 06).
10. President Maithripala Sirisena stated that if there are any weaknesses in the 19th amendment to the Constitution, he is committed to making the necessary amendments.
16 Feb, 2019 | 11:30 PM
16 Feb, 2019 | 10:05 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]