Written by Nathasha De Alwis
06 Dec, 2018 | 9:19 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Chief of Defence Staff Admiral Ravindra Wijegunaratne has been released on two surety bails of Rs. 1 million each.
2. A 41-year-old heroin smuggler has been arrested from Peralanda, Ragama with over a 100g of heroin.
3. A person was shot and killed near the Kaldemulla junction in Angulana, Mount Lavinia yesterday (December 05).
4. Five suspects who were connected to a Kerala Ganja racket have been arrested in front of the Omanthei Police station along the Jaffna – Vavuniya main road.
5. The Road Development Authority, citing the prevalent weather, has asked commuters to be vigilant when using the highways.
6. DIG Nalaka De Silva who was arrested by the CID over an alleged plot to assassinate President was further remanded till the 11th of December.
7. Former Navy Lieutenant Commander, Chandana Prasad Hettiarachchi who was arrested in connection with the abduction and forced disappearance of 11 youth from Colombo was further remanded till the 19th of December.
8. The case filed against the elephant racketeer Niraj Roshan alias Ali Roshan and six other defendants at the Permanent High Court Trial at Bar will be taken up for daily trial from the 13th of February 2019.
9. A 49-year-old man died from blunt force trauma to the head after he was clubbed by his 24-year-old son.
10. Sri Lanka was ranked second in a report that considers countries most affected by Climate change in the year 2017 as per the Global Climate Risk Index 2019.
19 Feb, 2019 | 02:10 PM
19 Feb, 2019 | 04:20 PM
19 Feb, 2019 | 02:06 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]