Written by Lethonkie Fernando
05 Dec, 2018 | 9:06 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The parliament is due to convene at 10.00 am this morning (December 05).
2. Examination of the petitions filed with the supreme court challenging the gazette notification on the dissolution of parliament is to begin this morning (December 05).
3. Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa filed an appeal yesterday (December 05) against the interim injunction issued by the Court of Appeal.
4. Beneficial owner and CEO of the PTL Arjun Aloysius and Kasun Palisena have been further remanded till the 18th of December.
5. The National Transport Commission today (December 05) will make a decision regarding the reduction of bus fares by Rs. 10 with the decrease in fuel prices.
6. The number of skeletons unearthed from the mass grave in Mannar has now risen to 254.
7. The Omanthei police have arrested five people for the possession of 2kg of Kerala Ganja.
8. The Meteorology Department has forecasted rainfall exceeding 100mm for the Western, Central, Eastern, Sabaragamuwa and Southern provinces during the course of the day.
9. The Foreign Employment Bureau stated that over 350 Sri Lankan women employed as housemaids in foreign countries are currently under the protection of the respective embassies due to various reasons.
10. President Maithripala Sirisena addressing a rally of the SLFP yesterday (December 04) assured the public that the current political crisis will be resolved within seven days.
HAVE AN ASSURING WEDNESDAY!
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]