Written by Nathasha De Alwis
21 Nov, 2018 | 8:47 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Ordinary Level students are requested to contact the Department of Examination on 1911 if they encounter any issues with their admission.
2. The IGP has terminated the transfer of IP Nishantha Silva of the CID.
3. The Western Province Chief Minister orders for a probe after some councilors watched pornographic material on a computer in the council chambers.
4. Police officers were attacked with chili powder while raiding a shop in Innamaluwa, Sigiriya.
5. Customs officials have apprehended a suspect who had attempted to smuggle in illegal foreign cigarettes worth over Rs. 1.7 million from Dubai.
6. The National Building Research Organization issued red notices for landslide warnings to 25 houses in Rusirugamakanda.
7. Deputy Speaker of Parliament Ananda Kumarasiri said they are mulling charging MPs that caused damages to parliamentary property.
8. Three fishermen have been admitted to the Karapitiya teaching hospital after being struck by lightning in Maskadawalle, Galle.
9. Government to grant a subsidy of 50% for pesticides used for farming due to the increased presence of caterpillars in the crop. – Minister Mahinda Amaraweera
10. Sri Lanka will face difficulties in meeting state expenses from the 1st of January, 2019. – Former Finance Minister Mangala Samaraweera
16 Jul, 2019 | 09:47 PM
15 Jul, 2019 | 03:00 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]