Written by Staff Writer
15 Nov, 2018 | 9:23 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. Parliament to convene at 10.00 am today (November 15).
2. The no-confidence motion against Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa submitted by the JVP to Speaker Karu Jayasuriya was passed with a majority in parliament yesterday (November 14).
3. In a special letter addressed to the Speaker, President Maithripala Sirisena noted that the speaker Karu Jayasuriya had completely ignored the constitution, interim order, and the parliamentary procedures when passing the no-confidence motion.
4. Minister Vasudeva Nanayakkara announced that Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa will be making a special statement in parliament today (November 15).
5. The leaders of the United National Front stated that they will not be meeting the President today (November 15).
6. The special tri-partite bench of the permanent trial bar has decided to take up the case filed against Former President’s Chief of Staff, Gamini Senerath and three others on a daily basis with effect from today (November 15).
7. Following the resignation of Kapila Chandrasena, G.S. Withanage was appointed as the new Chairman of Sri Lankan Airlines yesterday (November 14).
8. Several Ministers and State Ministers crossed over to the opposition at the parliamentary sessions held last morning (November 14). Wasantha Senanayake, Vadivel Suresh, A.H.M. Fowzie, Piyasena Gamage and Manusha Nanayakkara were among those who crossed over.
9. The Ayurvedic Medical Council noted that they will implement legal actions against those Ayurvedic doctors treating patients without a valid license.
10. The Department of Meteorology forecasts a rainfall of 150 mm in the Northern region of the country due to the Gaja hurricane moving across the coastal line of Tamilnadu.
1. Attorney Michael Avenatti, who represents adult film star Stormy Daniels in her legal battles with U.S. President Donald Trump, has been arrested in Los Angeles on Wednesday (November 14) on suspicion of domestic violence.
1. The Sri Lankan women’s cricket team marked their victory in the first match against Bangladesh at the T20 Championship held yesterday (November 14).
HAVE A VICTORIOUS THURSDAY!
05 Jul, 2019 | 06:50 AM
16 Jun, 2019 | 12:06 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]