Written by Staff Writer
14 Nov, 2018 | 8:58 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. Parliament to convene at 10.00 am today (November 14) – Speaker’s Media Division
2. The Supreme Court yesterday (November 13) issued an interim order against the gazette notification through which parliament was dissolved.
3. A party leaders meeting convened a short while ago under the auspices of Speaker Karu Jayasuriya at the parliamentary complex.
4. The National Security Council was convened by President Maithripala Sirisena last night (November 13) where the tri-forces and the IGP were adviced to maintain peace and order in the country.
5. The SLFP and the SLPP are set to create an alliance named the “Sri Lanka Nidahas Podujana Peramuna” to contest for the upcoming elections.
6. Kapila Chandrasena was appointed as the new Chairman of Sri Lankan Airlines yesterday (November 13) following the resignation of Ranjith Fernando.
7. Following a six-hour search, the body of the German national who fell off the World’s End was recovered by the Sri Lankan Army last evening (November 13).
8. Landslides continue to occur in the Athgaala mountain in Hanguranketha.
9. The Department of Meteorology requests fishing communities to refrain from faring out to sea due to the high risk of a hurricane developing 700m away from Kankasanthurei.
10. Today marks World Diabetes Day. The health sector advice parents to limit the intake of sugar given to young children as most of them are now victims of Diabetes.
1. Firefighters have managed to contain 30% of the Californian fires stretching over 125,000 acres. The official death toll has now shot up to 42 with still dozens of people missing.
1. Former Sri Lankan cricketer Dilhara Lokuhettige has been charged under an anti-corruption code relating to a 10-over league in the United Arab Emirates last year.
HAVE A CORRUPTION FREE WEDNESDAY!
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]