Written by Staff Writer
13 Nov, 2018 | 9:31 am
1. The petitions filed at the Supreme Court seeking the quashing of the gazette notification issued by the President dissolving parliament will be taken up again today (Nov 13).
2. The National Organisation to Protect the United National Party says that Ranil Wickremesinghe “should step down” from the UNP, considering “all the damage he has caused to the country and party”.
3. The Sri Lanka Freedom Party and the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna to create a “broad alliance” to contest the general election
4. PM Mahinda Rajapaksa will contest the upcoming election from the Kurunegala district, while his brother Chamal Rajapaksa and son Namal Rajapaksa will contest from Hambantota.
5. “Sajith Premadasa should be named as the leader of the UNP and it’s Prime Ministerial candidate” – Ashoka Abeysinghe, Former Deputy Minister
6. President Maithripala Sirisena inspects the Mahaweli Authority and the National Gem and Jewellery Authority
7. Former MP Vidura Wickramanayake has urged the general public to elect the proper people into parliament no matter which party they are from.
8. Landslide warnings issued to Hanguranketha
9. The body of the German tourist, who fell to her death whilst attempting to take a selfie at World’s End, taken to Hospital.
10. President Maithripala Sirisena to lift the ban on Angampora, which was imposed the British in 1818.
1. Father of Marvel Comics and giant Stan Lee passes away aged 95. Cause of death yet to be determined.
1. Committee appointed to hold SLC elections next year
HAVE A LIFTING TUESDAY!
22 Apr, 2019 | 01:22 PM
22 Apr, 2019 | 05:52 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]