Written by Staff Writer
12 Nov, 2018 | 9:18 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The corrupt situation of the MPs, the conduct of the speaker in parliament and the possible creation of a violent situation were the main reasons for the parliament dissolution – President Maithripala Sirisena.
2. Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa joined the SLPP yesterday (November 11) along with 28 other MPs of the SLFP.
3. Former Speaker Karu Jayasuriya issuing a media release stated that he is ready to face any consequences which may arise as a result of his actions.
4. General Secretary of the SLFP, Rohana Lakshman Piyadasa stated that the Sri Lanka Freedom Party will create a broad alliance with 10 political parties to contest for the upcoming elections.
5. Announcing the stance of the SLMC in the upcoming elections, its leader Rauf Hakeem said that they will be contesting the elections independently.
6. Issuing a statement regarding the current political situation of the country the European Union and the United Nations criticized the President’s decision to dissolve parliament ahead of its planned reconvening.
7. The body of the 35-year-old German National who fell of the World’s End in Horton Plains was found yesterday (November 11) from the Nanperiyal Estate in Balangoda.
8. The Met department has issued a warning to the coastal communities to refrain from going out to sea for 24 hours.
9. STF security has been provided to the Lake House, Sri Lanka Rupavahini Corporation, SLBC, ITN, Attorney General’s Department and the Department of Government Printers.
10. The TNA and the SLMC will be going to courts today (November 12) against the President’s decision to dissolve parliament.
1. World leaders gathered at the Arc de Triomphe yesterday (November 11) for a commemoration to mark the 100th anniversary of the World War One.
1. According to ICC reports Spinner Akila Dananjaya has been reported with a suspicious bowling action and is required to undergo testing within 14 days.
HAVE A DECISIVE MONDAY!
09 Aug, 2019 | 06:36 AM
25 Jun, 2019 | 06:58 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]