Written by Devuni Goonewardene
09 Nov, 2018 | 8:00 am
Colombo (News 1st) –
1. A proposal has been presented to the cabinet to issue fabric for uniforms instead of a voucher for school students once again.
2. Landslide warnings have been issued to Nuwara Eliya, Matale, Ratnapura, Kegalle and Kalutara districts and will remain in effect till 9 tonight.
3. Members of the Sri Lanka Muslim Congress left to Mecca last night and Rauf Hakeem noted that they will not cross over in light of the current political crisis.
4. Vasudeva Nanayakkara and Pavithra Wanniarachchi assumed duties as Ministers yesterday.
5. A discussion is to be held today between the President Prime Minister and Minister of Public Administration, on how to improve efficiency in the public sector in light of the current political climate.
6. The Fisheries Ministry has issued a warning to fishermen against fishing around the Bay of Bengal today, due to low pressure in the sea.
7. Sri Lanka’s Tax Appeals Commission (TAC) was revived with the reappointment of Justice Hector Yapa as Chairman and Justice Sunil Rajapakse and S. Swarnajothi Former Auditor General as members.
9. Stock market turnover was Rs. 1 billion on Thursday, more than this year’s daily average of Rs. 818.4 million.
10. The European Union, issuing a joint statement stated that the Ambassadors of EU, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Romania, the High Commissioner of the UK, as well as the Ambassadors of Norway and Switzerland, take note of the summoning of Parliament, as indicated in the Gazette.
1. U.S. progressive groups staged protests nationwide on Thursday to demand that President Donald Trump do nothing to hinder an ongoing investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 Presidential election.
1. The Sri Lanka v England test match is underway on its 4th day today at the Galle international cricket stadium.
16 Nov, 2018 | 09:34 AM
12 Nov, 2018 | 09:18 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]