Written by Lethonkie Fernando
06 Nov, 2018 | 9:27 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. Speaker Karu Jayasuriya in a statement released yesterday (November 05) said that unless and until a new faction is capable of proving majority in parliament that he is compelled to accept the situation that existed before the change on the 26th of last month.
2. Rejecting the speaker’s statement, Dr. Sarath Amunugama stated that the speaker expressing his personal stance on the matter is unconstitutional and that he has no legal right to decide who would be Prime Minister in parliament.
3. Addressing the Jana Mahimaya rally held yesterday (November 06) President Maithripala Sirisena made a revelation that Mahinda Rajapaksa was his third option for the post of Prime Minister as both Karu Jayasuriya and Sajith Premadasa had declined the post saying that they will not fight against their party leader.
4. The National Transport Commission has made an announcement that a final decision on the reduction of bus fares will be made tomorrow (November 07).
5.UNP MPs Heshan Withanage and Palitha Thewarapperuma who were arrested on charges of assaulting a Former UPFA councilor were later released on bail.
6. The Colombo Crimes Division said that statements have been recorded from over 20 people with regard to the shooting that occurred in the CPC Headquarters at Dematagoda.
7. Following a meeting of the JVP and the TNA held last evening (November 05) representatives of both parties stated that an agreement was reached to defeat unconstitutional acts within the parliament.
8. Ministry of Rehabilitation & Prison Reforms stated that CCTV cameras will be installed within the premises of the Colombo Magazine, Remand and Welikada prisons.
9. The Health Sector has issued warning of a rise in potential dengue patients due to an increase in the density of mosquito larvae owing to the prevailing weather conditions.
10. The Fisheries Department has issued a warning to the fishing communities to refrain from going out to sea till the 8th of November due to the low-pressure area developing over the Southern Bay of Bengal.
1. Amazon.com Inc is planning to split its second headquarters evenly between two locations with a motive of recruiting enough tech talent. The second headquarters carries an investment of $5 billion and 50,000 jobs.
1. Sri Lanka will take on England in the first test of a 3 match series today (November 06). This will be the final test match played by one of the world’s most successful left-arm bowlers, Rangana Herath.
HAVE A DEVELOPING TUESDAY!!
05 Jul, 2019 | 06:50 AM
16 Jun, 2019 | 12:06 PM
Please contact us at [email protected]