Written by Nathasha De Alwis
19 Oct, 2018 | 10:05 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The value of the Rupee against the US Dollar was recorded at Rs. 172.72 yesterday (October 18).
2. Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa has appointed a three-member committee comprising of Ajith Nivard Cabral, S. Amarasekara and Nalaka Godahewa to develop a plan for the revival of the economy.
3. Indian Prime Minister’s office issuing a release said the reports of RAW’s involvement in the alleged assassination attempt on President Maithripala Sirisena are malicious and that they appreciate the prompt action taken by the President Sirisena.
4. Chairman of the National Livestock Development Board, Kanthimathinathan Muththu Vinayagam and Kadiresu Shivaneshan were further remanded till the 23rd of this month.
5. Following a 9 hour interrogation yesterday (October 18) DIG Nalaka De Silva has been informed to appear before the CID today (October 19) as well.
6. Agricultural Insurance Board state they have decided to issue an identity card for to farmers.
7. The fuel price formula was revealed to the public by Minister of Finance and Mass Media, Mangala Samaraweera yesterday (October 18).
The formula is; MRP = V1 + V2 + V3+ V4
8. Joint Organizer of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party for Mawanella arrested for the illegal possession of three firearms and ammunition.
9. Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe who is currently in a visit to India is scheduled to meet Indian Premier Narendra Modi tomorrow (October 20).
10. Notorious gangster Sameera Rasanga alias ‘Hybrid Sudda’ was arrested by the Colombo Crimes Division in Padukka for the possession of 1.1 kilograms of heroin worth over Rs. 13 Million.
1. Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday (October 18) that Russia was ready to “annihilate” any attacker who would use nuclear weapons against it but would never strike first.
1. The President of the International Olympic Committee hailed the Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympic Games a major success as the sporting event came to an end on Thursday (October 18).
04 Mar, 2021 | 08:11 AM
25 Feb, 2021 | 07:17 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]