Written by Staff Writer
18 Oct, 2018 | 9:01 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The Board of Directors of the Bank of Ceylon, People’s Bank and Board of Investment of Sri Lanka (BOI) were dissolved from midnight yesterday (October 18), following orders issued by the President.
2. SLNS Samudura has been deployed in the search for a fishing trawler named “Danuja Putha” which was reported missing on the 11th of October with 05 fishermen onboard.
3. The government decides to ban the importation of Undu and Peanuts from next year, said the Minister of Agriculture Mahinda Amaraweera.
4. A specialist doctor at the Kalubovila hospital who pleaded guilty to the charge of sexual harassment was sentenced to two years rigorous imprisonment and was suspended for 25 years.
5. A Police constable died when the motorbike he was traveling on collided with an elephant in Gnanikkulama along the Kandy – Jaffna A9 road.
6. Two people were injured when two lorries collided head-on in Kopiwatte, Pallebedda along the Ratnapura – Embilipitiya main road.
7. STF Commandant, Senior DIG M.R. Latheed said the Police Special Task Force securities will be provided to selected prisons in the country.
8. Final rites of Veteran singer Professor Amara Ranathunga to be performed out this evening at the Borella Cemetery.
9. Hirunika Premachndra yesterday (October 18) requested the Financial Crimes Investigation Division to probe charges against her.
10. The Mannar Court has ordered for samples of the skeletal remains uncovered at the Mannar mass grave to be sent to the US for carbon dating.
1. At least 19 people were killed and dozens injured at the college in Crimea on Wednesday (October 17) when the attacker set off a bomb in the cafeteria and went through the building shooting at random.
1. England won the 3rd ODI against Sri Lanka by 7 wickets yesterday (October 17).
07 Jul, 2022 | 09:53 AM
06 Jul, 2022 | 08:23 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]