Written by Lethonkie Fernando
15 Oct, 2018 | 9:33 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The Ceylon Petroleum Trade Union Collective states that they would carry out protests against the government’s move to once again hand over the oil tanks to the IOC.
2. Duty-free permit scam caused a loss of Rs. 16 billion to the state.
3. The CID is to seek international assistance into investigating the assassination plot targetting the President and the former Defense secretary.
4. Sri Lanka’s Ambassador to Austria, Priyani Wijesekera was given notice to return to the country by the 1st of November.
5. With the price hike of fertilizer in the global market, the government will spend a sum of Rs. 40,000 million to purchase fertilizer.
6. Three-wheeler trade unions have decided to increase their fares from the 1st kilometer onwards by Rs. 5 with effect from today (October 15).
7. Two Indian nationals were arrested at the BIA this morning (October 15) for attempting to smuggle Heroin worth over Rs. 24 million into the country.
8. The specialist team investigating the mass grave in Mannar says that 187 human skeletal remains have been discovered at the grave so far.
9. The Department of Meteorology states that showers or thundershowers will occur at most parts across the island particularly after 2.00 p.m.
10. Under a new mechanism, the government will make use of 3D technology to make scanned recordings of the Sigiriya frescoes.
1. The United Nations has issued warning that 13 million people in Yemen are facing starvation. The UN says this could become “the worst famine in the world in 100 years.”
1. UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov wants to succeed where rival Conor McGregor failed and openly challenged boxer Floyd Mayweather for a fight.
HAVE A CONSERVING MONDAY!
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]