Fire in Passara store claims 3 lives

Fire in Passara store claims 3 lives

Fire in Passara store claims 3 lives

Written by Staff Writer

14 Jun, 2018 | 3:24 pm

Colombo (News 1st) – An electrical leakage is suspected to have caused a fire at a store located in the Passara area, which claimed the lives of three women.

According to police reports, the exact cause of the fire can only be determined once the Government Analyst’s report is in. The destructive fire had broken out at around 1am.

The victims of the incident who are all relatives of the same family were living in an annexe of the store and according to police reports, it was the store owner’s mother, sister and aunt, aged 61, 23 and 62 respectively who died in the blaze.

Our correspondent said measures were taken by the Badulla Fire & Rescue Unit to douse the fire.


Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]