Written by Nathasha De Alwis
05 Mar, 2018 | 8:24 pm
Oscar nominees will not be let down if they do not win the award, to make it up to them they are given the “Everyone Wins” gift bags also known as ‘swag bags’.
For the past years, an outside marketing company has rewarded Oscar nominees a lavish assortment of freebies.
The gift bag is sent to all 25 nominees in the acting and directing categories in the week leading up to the Oscars ceremony.
The participating companies donate all the items and have to pay a promotional fee of at least $ 4000 to have their products included.
“We are not gifting Oscar nominees out of a sense of philanthropy, we are gifting them for the same reason that they are paid upwards of $20 million for a single film… because their personal brand has value as a commodity.” – Lash Fary, founder of the marketing company
According to a foreign magazine “Everyone Wins” gift bags, includes the following…
1. A seven-day stay at Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu in Hawaii
2. A week-long stay at the Golden Door spa in Southern California
3. A Bangarang handmade wooden box filled with 199 ‘positivity’ cards
4. A 12-night stay in Tanzania from International Expeditions
5. A stay at Avaton Luxury Villas Resort in Halkidiki, Greece
6. A levitating Bluetooth speaker from Shop Modern
7. A commissioned piece of work from Reian Williams Fine Art
8. An 18-minute phobia-relief session with Kalliope
9. 10 sessions with personal trainer Alexis Seletzky
Other gifts include a conflict-free diamond necklace, a lifetime’s supply of Oxygenetix facial foundation and more.
The nominees will be well-pampered.
20 Feb, 2019 | 10:11 PM
17 Dec, 2020 | 01:20 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]