Over 4 pound brain tumor removed from man’s head

Over 4 pound brain tumor removed from man’s head

Over 4 pound brain tumor removed from man’s head

Written by Keshala Dias

24 Feb, 2018 | 12:11 pm

A surgeon in India has removed a 1.873-kilogram (4.1-pound) tumor from a 31-year-old man at a government hospital in Mumbai, India.

The doctor, Dr. Trimurti Nadkarni, had taken six hours to remove the tumor.

The doctor noted that 90% of the tumor was located between the individual’s skull and scalp. The remaining 10% had put pressure on the individual’s brain, damaging his vision. It could have led to further problems, including paralysis and neurological damage, the doctor said.

Dr. Trimurti Nadkarni described the tumor as the ‘largest in the world’ based on comparative studies conducted by this team.

The doctors are currently waiting on test results to see what type of brain tumor, and whether it’s cancerous.


Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]