Borussia Dortmund team bus involved in explosion before Monaco game

Borussia Dortmund team bus involved in explosion before Monaco game

Borussia Dortmund team bus involved in explosion before Monaco game

Written by Mayooran Kantharvel

12 Apr, 2017 | 8:57 am

Borussia Dortmund’s Champions League quarter-final with Monaco has been postponed after the Dortmund team bus was damaged by an explosion.

The German team confirmed that defender Marc Bartra broke his wrist in an incident near their hotel and required hospital treatment.

The match will now be played at Dortmund’s Westfalenstadion at 17:45 BST on Wednesday.

Dortmund’s chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke said: “There has been an attack with explosives on the team bus.

‘Every player was shocked and it was silent’ – German reporter on scene of bus explosion
Windows were broken on the bus, which was six miles from the stadium at the time of the incident at around 18:00 BST, and former Barcelona centre-back Bartra was sent to hospital.

Police said the cause of the explosions, at Hochsten outside the city, was unclear, but added there had been no evidence of any threat to supporters.

Police confirmed there had been three explosions in the area of the team bus.

– BBC

Latest News