Oscar blunder duo given bodyguards after ‘death threats’

Oscar blunder duo given bodyguards after ‘death threats’

Oscar blunder duo given bodyguards after ‘death threats’

Written by Keshala Dias

03 Mar, 2017 | 11:28 am

The two accountants who muddled up the main award envelopes at Sunday’s Oscars ceremony have been given bodyguards following reports they have received death threats on social media.

Accountancy firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) said security has been beefed up at the residences of Brian Cullinan and Martha Ruiz following the mistake.

Celebrity website TMZ.com said the pair were in fear of their lives.

On Wednesday it emerged they will not be employed to do the Oscars job again.

But TMZ.com reported that they will not lose their accountancy jobs.

PwC Spokeswoman Carey Bodenheimer said they had been given protection after their home addresses and photos of their families were published in the media.

Courtesy: BBC

Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]