Written by Keshala Dias
24 Sep, 2016 | 2:20 pm
IndiGo, flight 6E-054 from Singapore to Chennai was troubled by a Samsung Note 2, which started sparking.
The passengers had immediately informed the aircraft’s cabin crew when smoke emerged from an overhead luggage compartment. When opened, it was revealed that the smoke had emerged from a phone (Samsung Note 2), in a piece of hand luggage.
The crew had tackled the situation by using a fire extinguisher and later the phone was put in a bucket of water in the plane’s toilet and had kept there until the aircraft landed.
The crew’s and the traveler’s prompt action made the aircraft to land safely at Chennai, the intended destination.
However, Samsung said in a statement that they have not come across problems regarding the older Note 2 although they had faulty issues in the Note 7, which they issued a worldwide recall for its new Note 7 phones.
10 Oct, 2019 | 01:18 PM
12 Sep, 2019 | 02:42 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]