Fire breaks out in Kolonnawa Electricity Board building

Fire breaks out in Kolonnawa Electricity Board building

Written by Tharushan Fernando

19 Nov, 2015 | 10:05 am

The Colombo Fire Extinguishing Department says that the fire which broke out on an oil slick in a canal close to 55 estate in Meethotumulla, Kolonnawa has been contained.

An officer of the department said that fire broke out close to a storage facility of the Ceylon Electricity Board damaging three houses in the area.

6 Houses were damaged in the fire which erupted around 9 this morning.

Divisional Fire Officer of Operations of the Colombo Fire Service Department, R.G. Wijesuriya said that in addition to the Colombo Fire Service Department the assistance of the Fire Service Department of the Kotte Munciple Council was also sought to douse the fire.

A high voltage power line was also damaged in the fire.

Divisional Fire Officer of Operations of the Colombo Fire Service Department R.G. Wijesuriya added that investigations are currently underway to determine the type of oil which was discovered in the canal.

Latest News

Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]