Written by Staff Writer
22 Feb, 2015 | 10:15 pm
An individual was killed after being struck by a high voltage electric cable while at a party at a house in Rajagiriya. An eleven year old child who is in serious condition is receiving treatment at the ICU of the Colombo National Hospital.
This house is situated in Obeysekarapura in Rajagiriya. A birthday party was held here last afternoon. (Please see video).
A eleven-year -old child had climbed to the second floor of the house in order to close the tap of the overflowing tank.However a high voltage cable that was very low had touched the child.
A 56-year-old man who heard the sound had gone to the second floor had seen the child and had attempted to save him, but he had been electrocuted.
When such a dangerous situation prevails who granted permission for a house to be built at such a location. If the residents had informed authorities, then the CEB has been responsible in taking a life and endangering the life of another.
Anyone can see the manner in which high voltage cables run adjacent to many houses. As a result, residents of these houses continue to live with the fear of death hanging over them.
Will the CEB take action even after this?
When contacted by News1st, CEB officials said that the problem had been prevailing for quite some time, but they were finding it difficult to resolve it due to illegal constructions.
11 Feb, 2020 | 08:27 AM
09 Jan, 2020 | 08:07 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]