Written by Staff Writer
26 Aug, 2014 | 10:06 pm
A long-term ceasefire has been agreed between Israel and Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian and Egyptian officials say.
Egyptian state media reported that the truce, ending seven weeks of fighting that has left more than 2,200 people dead, would begin at 19:00 (16:00 GMT).
Hamas deputy political leader Moussa Abu Marzouk said the deal represented a “victory for the resistance”.
There has so far been no comment from the Israeli government.
The apparent breakthrough came as both sides continued to trade fire.
A last-minute volley of mortar shells from Gaza killed an Israeli civilian and wounded six others in Eshkol Regional Council, medics told the BBC.
Earlier on Tuesday, at least six Palestinians were killed in a series of Israeli air strikes in Gaza, Palestinian officials said.
29 Aug, 2021 | 08:24 PM
18 May, 2021 | 02:21 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]