Fire erupts at Kotahena girls’ hostel

Fire erupts at Kotahena girls’ hostel

Fire erupts at Kotahena girls’ hostel

Written by Staff Writer

15 Aug, 2014 | 2:26 pm

A fire erupted in a three-storey building located in the Kotahena area in Colombo on Friday. According to the Police Media Unit the building belonged to a girls’ hostel and two rooms were completely destroyed in the fire.

Police added that the fire has been completely doused and that no one was injured in the incident.Meanwhile a motor vehicle caught fire along marine drive in the Bambalapitiya area.

The Police Media Spokesperson Office believes that the fire may have erupted due to a technical failure. The Fire and Rescue Unit along with the fire and rescue training school were able to douse the fire .

No one was injured in the incident.

Latest News


Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]