Written by Staff Writer
31 Dec, 2013 | 8:09 am
During the 55th UNP Convention Parliamentarian Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe challenged the Mawbima newspaper.
The Mawbima newspaper meanwhile issued a challenge to the parliamentarian consisting of twelve questions ..
Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe UNP Parliamentarian,
“I issue a challenge, if you want you can accept it as an invitation as well. I call on the Mawbima newspaper to reveal who carried 784 million to Prabhakaran during the 2005 Presidential Election .”
The Mawbima newspaper in reply poster a counter challenge to Parliamentarian Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe and requested him to answer these twelve questions in public.
The questions that Mawbima asks are:
1) Can Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe reveal who sat for the Ruhuna University’s Master’s Degree Examination held from September 13 – 21 2005, under the Index Number 184?
2) Can the Parliamentarian reveal who sat in the room adjoining the Office of Dean of the Faculty, Prof. S. Wawuwage, while the permitted venue for the candidates, who were sitting for that examination was in Hall Number 5?
3) Can Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe reveal the contents of the evidence that Dean of the Faculty, Prof. S. Wawuwage, Constables H.M. Jayalath, Udaya Bandara (3122) and Sub Inspector, K.A. Lalith Wickramarachchi, gave in an investigation conducted by the Criminal Investigations Department in to this fraud?
4) Does the Parliamentarian know that statements were given by Vice Chancellor of the Ruhuna University, Prof. Ranjith Senaratne, Faculty Head of the Buddhist and Pali Studies, Midigama Soratha Thera, Senior Lecturers, Beligalle Dhammarathana Thera, A. Kotuwalagedera, P.R. Ekanayake and M. Ratnayake, who acted as invigilators?
5) Can Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe reveal why the probe was stopped prior to these above mentioned people were questioned?
6) Can he reveal the name of the person who was fined Rs 60,000 in 1999 for evading taxes?
7) Can Rajapakshe reveal the name of the person, whose name was also reported on Page 44 of the Administration Report of the Commissioner General of Inland Revenue?
8) Can he reveal the name of the person who used his good offices and goodwill with President Chandrika Kumaratunga to further his legal practice and to appear in cases of state institutions such as the Sri Lanka Ports Authority and Lake House where he charged exorbitant legal fees and committed unlawful enrichment?
9) Can Rajapakshe reveal the name of the person who accompanied Lalith Kotelawala as his attorney to the Non-Banking Financial Institutions Division of the Central Bank when Kotelawala was summoned to explain the unusual growth in Golden Key credit card issuance?
10) Can Wijeyadasa Rajapakse also reveal the name of this ‘lawyer,’ who denied all allegations when he was named by The Sunday Leader edition of 10.5.2009?
11) Can the Parliamentarian reveal the name of the lawyer who charged excessive fees to appear for the EPF and ETF cases of Bank of Ceylon?
12.Can Wijeyadasa Rajapakse reveal whether this ‘lawyer’ informed the Inland Revenue Department details of such income?
07 Jul, 2021 | 08:11 PM
16 Jun, 2021 | 10:32 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]