Written by Nathasha De Alwis
12 Sep, 2019 | 7:57 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The Supreme Court dismisses the appeal challenging the case filed at the Permanent High Court Trial at Bar against Gotabaya Rajapaksa regarding the D.A. Rajapaksa Memorial and Museum.
2. President Maithripala Sirisena instructs officials to expedite the process of amending the laws to prevent terrorism and to enforce new laws on the matter.
3. Sri Lanka rejected concerns raised at the UNHRC meeting in Geneva over the appointment of Lieutenant General Shavendra Silva as the Army Commander.
4. Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe informs the Presidential Commission of Inquiry to Investigate Fraud and Corruption in the current administration that he is unable to appear before the Commission today (September 12).
5. The Attorney General files indictments at the Gampaha High Court against Brigadier Anura Deshapriya Gunawardena and three army soldiers regarding the Rathupaswala shooting.
6. Ceylon Electricity Board Employees Union takes action to file charges against the Ceylon Electricity Board governing authority for contempt of court.
7. The Cost of Living Committee had approved the price formula for milk powder, the committee awaits the approval of the Cabinet.
8. Eleven members of a banned terrorist organization named Jamathei Millathu Ibraheem (JMI) handed over to the Terrorism Investigation Division (TID) for further investigations.
9. The Pulathisi Intercity train, a luxury train service from Colombo Fort to Polonnaruwa completes its inaugural run under the auspices of President Maithripala Sirisena.
10. JVP Politburo member K.D. Lalkantha says if the government would move towards the 20th Amendment to the Constitution or if they would propose to do away with the Executive Presidency and move towards the Parliamentary System their party would fully support it.
22 Sep, 2019 | 01:47 PM
21 Sep, 2019 | 10:45 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]